Sunday, May 22, 2011

J's Mood Board


J's Room

J's Room by Mauisugar55 on Polyvore.com

Once again, similar to the items I have. Same wall color as Baby P's room, not this exact one but it's pretty close.

Same color for headboards but square with nickel nail head trim. Thinking about pom pom fringe on the curtains, maybe black? I also have a ton of jute webbing I might trim them with.

J LOVES Thomas the Train, however I am one of "those" Mom's who doesn't decorate my kid's rooms with "character" things. I know, I'm horrible! ; ) So I found him a vintage Montana railroad map on Ebay..similar colors to the one above.

Poor J gets the room with the pink carpet!! I can't wait to check underneath it to see if there is hardwoods! If there is and they are in good shape we will probably rip up the carpets first thing. Otherwise......since we won't be able to re-carpet anytime soon so he will get the 8x10 neutral rug we have in our living room right now. It won't cover all the pink, but it will do the job until we change out the carpets.

We have an armoire in our foyer that is pretty similar to the one above...you can check out the House Tour tab to see it. 

I also plan to use chalkboard paint somewhere in his room. I wanted to paint his closet doors in it but he has bi-fold shutter doors, I might try to switch them out for something else and then paint them. If not maybe the top of his table or his dresser.

I'm so excited to move and get started!! Closing day is June 10th, it's coming up fast!!!  : )