Monday, May 21, 2012

Help!

For the last few weeks I've been going back and forth on my paint choice for our bedroom.

Just to remind you this is what we have going on in our very small bedroom.


   The abstracts on either side of the bed will be changed out for some vintage chinoiserie prints and the headboard still needs nailhead trim.

Mr. Brown nightstand has since been painted this color (Rustoleum Gloss smoke gray)




I also swapped out the hardware for these that I had left over




Opposite the bed we have this situation............told you this room was small!



The above mirror has been swapped out for this painting.............


These fabrics are also in the mix.....David Hicks large scale print will be curtains, ochre floral (much prettier in person!) is a long bolster and gray ikat is a small pillow.




Originally I was planning on a pale pink for the walls..........like these.

Source: google.com via Katie on Pinterest



But lately I've been wondering should I go dark(er) instead?




The last two photos are close to where I'd be going if I chose something darker...an inky green charcoal gray.


If I did something darker on the walls I'd paint the trim (and the closet doors) the same color like the bedroom (by AB Chao) above. The dresser would be painted either the same as the nightstand (Rustoleum smoke gray) or high gloss white or black.

If I decide to go with the light pink the dresser will definitely be painted high gloss black.

So what do you think, light or dark or neither or both or any other combo of the two????